Good things I have seen lately:
- The Little Scissors at the Nash in Richmond yesserday arfernoon.
I laughed. They sang. I drank. They conquered.
They made Little Drummer Boy sound a lot racier than it did in my grade 4 nativity play. I sang along to Star of Beauty Star of...Thing, EVEN THOUGH I am hatin the Christians! (NB: this weekend yr all invited to come down to Mordialloc and engage in mass Christian bashings with me! COS WE DON LIK EM! Thems are disrespectin our Good Times by sayin xmas is about some MID EATSERN TOWL HED JEWS THAT SLEEP WIV COWS when we no its ALL ABOUT TURKEY!!)
Was rowdy arfernoon; The Dude was lolling about legless on six thousand Manhattans, which the barman MAINTAINED VIGOUROUSLY were made from Bourbon, not from Tanned Hats for Men LIKE I ALWAYS THOUGHT! Whatevs bro, stop playing for time and give me 'nother one.
The Dude engaged in what appeared to be Brideshead Revisited style manlove with a nice hairy faced boy we've been seein around the traps. Good for you, chaps! Didn't send you orf to Eton for nothing, eh! We made our exit just in time as The Dude was within a whiska of being nailgunned by fierce busboy who didn't take to him playin frisbee with the ashtray. We shook our fists on the way out. Good times had by All.
I'd link to the Little Scissors but uh can't find their site. Maybe they're the Lil Scissors. Or the Wee Scissors. Not to be confused with Small Knives.
- The Prayerbabies at the Railway in Norf Carlton on Satdee noight.
Do the finest version of Hallelujah ever. Put Jeff Buckley to SHAME! no wonder he dived in the water, fuckin no good wannabe. Don'even get me started on that Cohen travesty. Prayerbabies are fuckin genius and you shoulda been there Sat cos now they are deserting us for an "ill considered" tour of Tasmania. COME BACK, BABIES!
On way home from the Railway we lay down in the park and took pictures of Trees In the Dark. FUCKING MODERN ART, BRO. Drunk as Stoats me and the Dude also stopped at Danny's Burgers and despite mouthing off about how the place was goin to the dogs (NO DIM SIMS!) we ate two burgers each and then sang eachother a round of "You're the one for me fatty": possibly the most/least romantic song ever depending on whether or not you watch the video clip.
- Devastations at the Spanish Club in Fitzrovia Fridee 'fore last
They may be more spiritually at home at the Tote but they were still sexophonists of the highest standing. The Dude and I first met in a bar after he'd seen them and I think the Massive Degree of Arousal and Loving Feelin which no doubt came over him during their set was probably the secret ingredient which allowed my slurry charms to work their special magic on him. Aw.
- Girls from the Clouds at the Norfcote Social Club Sat'dee 'fore last
Lovely work from lovely laydees with lovely voices.
If I could sing I would currently be gettin a pedicure and being eaten out by some Brazilian back up dancer while one of the Olsen twins' ex boyfriends fed me gin soaked tangerines on a billion dollar yacht made of carefully engineered fairy floss and moored just outside Lakes Entrance.
But no. I can't sing.
OH, it's bedtime. Must be Perky for the suit work I'm doin tomorrow hey. Bleh.
xoxox nora
Monday, December 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
you get around Mister Nora
I do sometimes weary of maintaining my high profile as all round good time girl about town, but if I slip in the rankings I lose all my major sponsors. Gotta keep bringin home the not-bacon and that.
xoxo nora
Yes that's right although I sometimes bring home ham
Post a Comment