Thursday, July 20, 2006

workin hard to make a living

mister nora's not dead, she's just partying like it's 1999...

...that is, like it's 1999 and she's got a major credit card debt and 2 low paying jobs and a thesis to write and like, 10 million job interviews requiring dress-ups in suits and poorly feigned interest in writing briefing papers and making life easier for The Man. And if her brain was called "New Orleans" this cold she's packing would be widely referred to as "Hurricane Kitty Kat Katrina", like there is quite a lot of flooding in the streets and looting in the supermarkets if you know what I'm getting at, and tonight she's suppose to go watch flamenco (FLAMENCO!) but she were up til 3am last night and really mister nora would rather a nice quiet night spent dead under a bridge. But like the bible says, man, you can't always get what you wa-a-ant.

But I still love the blog, oh yes. Will get on with it. Any time now.

xoxo nora

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Mista Nora

I'm just lieeting you know that I amd going to be less formal in my next post.

From Dave Mack

Unknown said...

Hey Mista Nora

I'm also riding the thesis train. But I find I blog a lot more when I'm writing it, because I quite like to be distracted and all.

whats your thesis about and where are you studying it?

that's mister nora to you, sonny said...

Dear dave mack,

I also like to be distracted but the savage fires of hell will rain down upon my head if I don't get this motherfuckin thesis out of my life by 4 September.

It's about dudes who load up on drugs and kill their friends. Basically I just go "Yo, legal dudes! Like, chill out, man! It's not like they meant it for reals!" and then I add 12,39824023,0253 footnotes.

I'm studying it at "Historic Monash Clayton", whose charms I believe you yourself are also quite familiar with. What's your thesis about? ARE YOU LOVING IT WITH EVERY MOLECULE IN YOUR ENTIRE PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL BEING?

I know I am.

xoxo nora

Unknown said...

Dear Mister Gnora

Mine's an honors history thesis.

Its about the way the media represented French housing estates in between 1980 and 1995. It about racism, its about immigration and its about public housing. Its got about 10,000 words to go and its due on the 20th of October.

I'm loving it with about 30% of my total number of molecules. The other 70% are passionately obsessed with trying to breed pangolins with alpacas. There have been no recorded successes thus far.

I assume you try and stay as far away as you can from the brown and grey concrete slabs. Anway I'm in there on Tuesdays if you ever like wanna like hang n shit. But, it looks like you’re a law student, so you probably won't talk to me in public. Pretentious Prick!

David Mack

that's mister nora to you, sonny said...

Dear dave mack,

Your thesis sounds pretty heavy man. I always imagined those frenchies were not so bad with the whole 'nous sommes bons socialistes et nous aimons notre freres noirs, oui!' stuff, but clearly I don't know a frog from a toad.

I never ever set foot in Claytonio if I can help it, given that I live like 40 thousand million miles away and Say No to Car Ownership. And I kind of have a quaintly old fashioned "not-meeting-bros-from-the-internet" policy, partly because I'm still bitter about those "mister nora: even more disappointing in person than she is online!" stories they keep running on ACA and Today Tonight, and partly because I am a Hateful Blackhearted Misanthropist. Also, as you rightly picked, I am a cunty law student who only mixes with people I can step on in my quest to Cocksuck My Way to MegaWealthy Corporate Whoredom.

But if you do spot me, like, say hi. I'll be the one with the bottle of rum, the grenade belt, and the crazy look in her eyes.

xoxo nora